Newborn Photography: Helpful Hints
Congratulations on your new little one, whether you've just found out your expecting or just home from the hospital! Here are some helpful hints that will help you out as you prepare for your newborn baby's first important photography session.
- Having your child photographed before he or she is two weeks old is imperative to make posing easier. When they're sleepy and flexible to pose into the cute little newborn shapes we love the more you will love the images and be able to remember just how little your quick growing baby was.
- Your baby should have a full belly when we start the photo shoot. In fact, so full that we welcome you to bring your child in hungry and feed them here in our cozy conference room. If they come in hungry chances are they will also tire themselves out crying before you get here and they will be all the more sleepy for us.
- Clothing - this is probably the biggest question that we get when booking a newborns portrait session. Children this small can often times become lost in outfits so we usually go bare (or almost bare if we can keep them covered up)
- Accessories - remember to bring hats, blankets, hats and more hats for boys and for girls. Also bring coloful blankets, hair bows, headbands, or other fun things.
- Aside from the obvious accessories bringing in things that are special to you and your family are always welcome i.e. if dads a firemen bring in a fire helmet and suit...if moms a nurse bring in a vintage nurse's cap or red cross bag. Or like this little adorable baby with an elephant that grandma sent. :)
The possibilities are endless, really. A new baby is a great time for starting new traditions or continuing old ones.
- Family being in pictures is something that is left up to you to decide what your ready for. Some moms are just not feeling up to being in pictures less then 2 weeks after having a baby. Either way is fine for us. We can also keep you more subdued in the photos. Just let us know what you'd like and we will make it happen.
Call us at 563-583-9369 or Contact Elite here if you have any questions, I know I only touched on a bit here, so let us know what you have in mind for your session!